A major focus at Auburn Hill Senior Living is on fitness and staying active. There are many studies that link a healthy mind and body with active aging.
Among our assortment of fitness classes for our resident family to choose from is our Friday morning HASfit classes. They are available every Friday at 10:30 am.
What is HASfit?
HASfit stands for Heart and Soul fitness because they believe that everyone is capable of fitness. They offer a variety of effective and achievable workouts to help people achieve or maintain their fitness goals.
Their programs are catered to beginners through advanced and they also have a specialized Active Aging Fitness Program. This program focuses on those with limited mobility, older adults, and the elderly.
Why Participate in HASfit?
Nothing speeds up the aging process quite as quickly as inactivity of the body. HASfit is dedicated to keeping seniors moving and healthy. The Active Aging Fitness Program was designed to help seniors excel in their daily activities, improve functional strength, avoid injuries, and prevent muscle atrophy.
This simple program has no special equipment requirements and can be done anywhere, anytime. It also includes both standing and seated modifications that allows participants to adjust the workouts to their needs and comfort levels while still progressing and gaining strength.
HASfit workouts are perfect for:
- Restoring strength
- Building lean muscle
- Reducing body fat, chronic pain, and stress
- Improving cardiovascular and muscular endurance
- Enhancing balance, stability, flexibility, and mobility.
The HASfit workouts offered at Auburn Hill Senior Living are typically 30 minutes in length and catered to the activity levels of each individual participant.
While the program does not require any special equipment, as participants gain strength, we encourage the use of light dumbbells or other weighted items to add resistance and continue building lean muscle mass.
Daily Habits Contribute To Success
There are many daily habits you can establish to build your health and fitness beyond participating in daily workouts.
Here are six fitness-boosting habits to adopt for life:
- Stick to your plan. Don’t make excuses. Listen to your body when you need to rest, but commit to regular workouts.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential in repairing muscles and helping your body re-energize. It can also help you curb cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Keep your routine fresh. Sometimes you can get bored doing the same things over and over again. Mix things up, try new workout styles, dancing, walking, yoga, etc. If you keep it fun, you’re more likely to stick with it long-term.
- Eat well. Try to eat food as close to nature as possible and drastically limit processed foods. Focus on foods high in protein and try to get vegetables and fruit at every meal.
- Limit alcohol intake. Happy hours and weekend bottles of wine sound great and can bring back memories of fun times socializing with friends and family, but too much alcohol consumption can hinder athletic performance for up to 48 hours afterward. It also affects endurance, recovery time, and causes dehydration… all things you want to avoid for your healthiest body.
- Move every day. Commit to yourself that you will move every day. Even on “rest” days, you should do something light like yoga stretches or light walking. A little something every day helps you keep your momentum and you’re less likely to stop working out altogether.
Fitness Focus at Auburn Hill Senior Living
HASfit is just one of the many fitness classes we offer to our resident family at Auburn Hill Senior Living.
Our team is dedicated to providing a variety of options for fitness classes to suit any fitness level or interest. From belly dancing to gentle chair yoga, we keep our calendar full of fun and engaging fitness activities that keep our resident family moving, happy, and healthy.
This is just one of the many ways that Auburn Hill is working to provide the highest level of care and compassion available. Our team strives to build an environment where everyone feels at home.
Ready to schedule your visit? Click here.